As specialist for market entries, Universal Data Resources Inc. advises companies from overseas on how to enter the Japanese market. Our service scope includes initial advice, market analysis and fact finding missions, the actual market entry by different modes and all further necessary services. We are committed to our clients’ success. Therefore we try to assist our clients as if we were a part of their company. We provide each client with a unique service package tailored to his individual requirements and budget.
Objective of UDR’s market entry service -MES is to provide the foreign client with a broad knowledge of market demands and requirements as well as initial key contacts in Japan.
Our markrt entry services will be conducted in three main stages:
1. Desk Research and Preparation of MES Field Work:
2. MES Field Work
1. What are the specific buyers’ critical requirements for the client`s product (varieties,
quality, pricing, volume, delivery, packaging, certifications)?
2. What are the strengths and weaknesses of these selected items in the German market?
3. What is the incremental “pricing ladder” for the entire distribution channel importer,
wholesaler, and retailer?
4. What are packaging requirements for wholesale and retail markets?
5. What are local consumer preferences and trends with regard to varieties, sizing and other
6. Are there important market niches such as organic or premium and, if so, what are
their characteristics with regard to products, volumes, price differential and distribution
7. Who are the most important buyers for each product in the market studied?
8. What reputation does the client`s origin have as a source of the client`s products in this market?
9. What are the normal payment terms in the German market?
3. Evaluation and strategy development
Contact UDR Office
Universal Data Resources Inc.
ARK Hills Executive Tower,
1-14-5 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 Japan
Personnel: Takao Ogura